The Haven of Rest Rescue Mission is a shelter and Bible-based program for men facing homelessness, addiction, or other broken lifestyles.
After entering the Rescue Mission, a will have a 30 day evaluation to make a decision whether or not he is ready before continuing to the next step: the long-term program. The Haven of Rest Men’s long-term program is 18 months total and includes 6+ months at the Rescue Mission and 12 months at the Men’s Training Center.
Click below to download, print, and complete the application.
Rescue Mission Application <– Click to download and complete the application for the Men’s Rescue Mission Program.
The Haven of Rest program will provide structure and stability in a man’s life and help him learn a new way of thinking, from a Biblical approach. A man will begin work at one of the ministry locations during the day: Thrift Operation’s Warehouse or thrift store, the Mission Kitchen, cleaning duties, or other duties assigned by the Mission Director or Assistant Director. Clients have the opportunity to go through GED certification classes and Work Keys Training while in the Haven’s program.
Church and Chapel
- Each client attends church every Sunday and Wednesday with the Rescue Mission program at local churches in our area.
- Each client attends chapel at our Mission facility each night.
- Other church events and activities throughout the year.
- 10 Week course on recognizing and dealing with addictions.
- 10 Week course that focuses on forgiveness and why a person is angry.
- Opportunity to begin GED and Work Keys Training.
- The client maintains a daily journal to help them see the changes in their lives, and to check their progress.
- Self-Study Books: Six books are used to build a solid foundation.
- Each man will be assigned a mentor in our mentor program and have bi-weekly meetings with that mentor.
The Mission Director and Assistant Director occasionally plan events for the Mission clients, including picnics, fishing trips, and Haven program graduations, etc.
6:00-6:30 Personal hygiene and dorm clean-up
7:00 Roll call and work assignments
8:00 Work Begins
12:00 Lunch Break
5:00 Back to Mission
7:00-8:00 Chapel Service
7:00-7:30 Personal hygiene and dorm clean-up
7:30 Dorm inspection
2:00-4:00 Free Time
Items can be dropped off at the Rescue Mission. Call for more information at 864-226-6193.