Men’s Training Center
The Haven Of Rest Men’s Training Center (MTC) is a three-phase residential discipleship program for men 18 or older with life controlling problems such as alcohol and drug addiction.
The MTC is a long term men’s discipleship process beginning with admittance to the Rescue Mission. Men progress through the mission by completing a series of interactive books designed for training young believers in Christ. Based on desire, commitment and availability, they are selected as candidates to further their studies in a farm environment at the MTC in Belton, SC
The Men’s Discipleship Center residents repair major appliances, raise vegetables, and do Christian service projects to offset operational expenses. The men may also take part in the Work Skills program.
The Men’s Training Center is located in Belton, SC and is truly hands on environment. Men in the program cook their own food, clean and do laundry, ground keep and garden. Much is learned from this approach. The men are also available to do off campus work at prescribed times that don’t interfere with scheduled classes.
Many men come needing help in this area. Whether it is personal tutoring with current classes that are part of our curriculum or working towards a GED while in the program, men can start down a path that includes the option to begin college classes while still in the program.
Introductory Computer Class
Offered as part of Phase I for every man in the MTC Curriculum.
Offered as part of Phase II curriculum.
Work Ethic Training
Each day clients are given feedback and training with regards to: personal work ethic, punctuality, responding to supervision, work place relationships and others tools needed when called upon to properly function at a high level as they reenter the workplace environment.
Work Keys Testing
Made available to each man as a tool many employers use to measure a person’s marketable skills for employment.
- Phase 1
- Breaking Ground and Laying Foundations is a 3 month program designed to play out solid foundations of the Christian faith. This phase will walk the students through these books, Firm Foundations Creation to Christ, Grace Discipleship Workbook, and Knowledge of the Holy.
- Phase 2
- Building Blocks is a six month program that weaves the student through the scriptures to establish that Jesus is the Master Teacher relying on truth. This program includes six book studies. Self-Confrontation, Romans, Proverbs, Advanced Grace Discipleship, Spiritual Warfare: Biblical Truth for Victory, and Putting on the Armor of God.
- Phase 3
- Phase III, commonly called the work phase, is by invitation only for those who apply for it. Invitation is granted based on several key measures:
(1) Is the resident looking to find work in this area
(2) Does the resident want a greater measure of accountability to be shown to him
(3) Is the resident physically able to work.
Phase III residents complete Blueprint for Life, a one on one study helping the resident identify his purpose for life and to understand how his interests, gifts, abilities and resources factor into that purpose. He is taught how to set goals in several areas of life that enhance God’s purpose for his life.